A Moment of Silence Please...
For my sex life.
It died last weekend.
I've told you about the latest naptime goings on. Miss Princess has been quite the little acrobat, leaping from her bed into her sister's bed. Last weekend, DH was taking an afternoon nap, and I put the girls in their room, and I decided to stay upstairs for a few ticks, just to make sure the girls got settled in OK (if the chaos started, I'd just have to truck back upstairs...). I hopped on the bed and began reading a magazine. The girls quieted down, and I began to drift off, when I felt a little hand on my cheek. It was Miss Princess. She'd gotten out of bed, left her room, and came down the hall to my room. Jeez louise. I gotta get a lock for my bedroom door, before my daughter sees me having sex and I scar her for life.
The last two weeks have been sheer hell. Most of our therapists have been on vacation...this week was particularly rough. We had the most free time, and I was planning to take the girls to the beach, the park, the children's museum....
It. rained. all. week.
The three of us stayed in the house, and drove each other CRAZY. I tried, people...I did. I took out all the toys and games that I hide for days like this. We painted, we played games, we did Play-doh...but in the end, I still wanted to put them both through a wall. When DH walked through the door any day this week, I was waiting there for him like, "here are your demon spawn; I'm going to the kitchen to mix myself a cocktail". And the girls were SOOO happy to see him, they were just sick to death of my ass.
Of course, school is looming ever closer. I'm freaking out. I haven't heard from the school yet, so now I have to be the annoying newbie mom and call them Monday.
And speaking of school, I'm taking a class - "Up and Running with Photoshop Elements" with Jessica Sprague , and I am LOVING it. I've completed two digital scrapbook pages in as many days. Take a peek, here's one:
Hope you're having a great weekend!
It died last weekend.
I've told you about the latest naptime goings on. Miss Princess has been quite the little acrobat, leaping from her bed into her sister's bed. Last weekend, DH was taking an afternoon nap, and I put the girls in their room, and I decided to stay upstairs for a few ticks, just to make sure the girls got settled in OK (if the chaos started, I'd just have to truck back upstairs...). I hopped on the bed and began reading a magazine. The girls quieted down, and I began to drift off, when I felt a little hand on my cheek. It was Miss Princess. She'd gotten out of bed, left her room, and came down the hall to my room. Jeez louise. I gotta get a lock for my bedroom door, before my daughter sees me having sex and I scar her for life.
The last two weeks have been sheer hell. Most of our therapists have been on vacation...this week was particularly rough. We had the most free time, and I was planning to take the girls to the beach, the park, the children's museum....
It. rained. all. week.
The three of us stayed in the house, and drove each other CRAZY. I tried, people...I did. I took out all the toys and games that I hide for days like this. We painted, we played games, we did Play-doh...but in the end, I still wanted to put them both through a wall. When DH walked through the door any day this week, I was waiting there for him like, "here are your demon spawn; I'm going to the kitchen to mix myself a cocktail". And the girls were SOOO happy to see him, they were just sick to death of my ass.
Of course, school is looming ever closer. I'm freaking out. I haven't heard from the school yet, so now I have to be the annoying newbie mom and call them Monday.
And speaking of school, I'm taking a class - "Up and Running with Photoshop Elements" with Jessica Sprague , and I am LOVING it. I've completed two digital scrapbook pages in as many days. Take a peek, here's one:
Hope you're having a great weekend!





2 Comments:
At 12:26 AM,
carmilevy said…
Somehow, you always manage to stay on top of everything. When I want to learn how to multitask better, I drop by your blog and read a few entries. You'll be fine.
As far as the lock thing goes, simple hook-and-loop ones work wonders. Replacing the handle with a lockset is also simple and inexpensive.
I just know these things :)
Michele sent me to share a happy with you tonight.
At 12:14 AM,
Unique Designs from Zazzle said…
How exciting for you (twin girls)
One day you will all giggle about these times. The mom blogging days.
Cheers from Micheles.
Post a Comment
<< Home