Diary of a Mad SAHM

Don't ask me - I just vent here.

Saturday, August 04, 2007

One Month...

...till school starts. I can't wait. They are driving me insane.

Of course, when the first day of school comes, I'll be a weepy wreck. But that's just me.

Their naptime antics have continued. The other day, I heard the cribs sliding around on the floor, and as I walked in the room to kick some ass, I saw Dr. D's naughty little hand reaching into the clothes basket, ready to start flinging clothes around the room. She noticed me, gave a surprised little gasp, rolled over on her stomach, and began "snoring" - pretending she was sleeping. She is a funny little gal.

Miss Princess' little ego is rapidly forming. All of a sudden, she's consumed with what belongs to her, and what belongs to everyone else. Every day, its a constant stream of affirmations: "My spoon", "My house", "My car" (she thinks mommy's car is HER car)..."Sissy's milk" (that's what they call each other, ain't it cute?)

Miss Princess can now blow bubbles by herself - she is so damn proud of herself too. To you, that may not seem like a big deal - but it is. Earlier this year, Princess couldn't even round her lips, much less round her lips and blow.

The other day I re-watched Oprah's special on autism. I was reminded of the "Autism Every Day" video done by Autism Speaks. The first time I watched the video, I cried like a baby, because I saw so much of myself in the parents in the documentary. I identified with so many of the things they said. If you're interested in checking out the video, go here; I dare you not to get choked up.

4 Comments:

  • At 10:44 PM, Blogger BreadBox said…

    I have to say, we are going through that "how many days left" count too --- although that also marks the days that LOML and I go back --- we get to go away for a week next weekend first, and my goodness do we need it?

    Best,
    N.

     
  • At 10:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your girls move their cribs, too? I thought my son was the only one! He can walk his crib right over to the milk can and get into the powder!

    Michele sent me!

     
  • At 10:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yep, I'm counting the days too... school shopping looms ahead and hurts! Visiting from Michele's. Have a great week.

     
  • At 10:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh and you have a month still? Mine goes back in two weeks.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home