Diary of a Mad SAHM

Don't ask me - I just vent here.

Saturday, June 09, 2007

For my birthday, I want...

Botox. I shit you not.

I've been tooling around a bit with my new Canon D-Reb XTi...and taking some classes over at Big Picture Scrapbooking...and in the process of doing some self portraits, have come to the horrible realization that I'm getting the dreaded "fine lines and wrinkles" that you hear about on those commercials. Mainly, there's a big nasty one on my forehead; from scowling, or perhaps from raising my eyebrows too much. I'm horrified. I used to be cute. I don't know what the hell happened. I wear sunscreen, big floppy hats, and avoid the sun whenever possible, I exfoliate and moisturize...all for nothing apparently! So, yes, I'd love some botox for my 38th birthday. Must speak to DH about this.

Dr. D. is still exploring new foods. I managed to get both girls to eat fruit snacks this week, and D. has discovered chocolate. She started out by stealing some Hershey's Kissables from her sister, and she was hooked. DH brought home a box of Godiva for me the other night (awwww...); truthfully, he ain't stupid. He knew it was my "time" of the month, my hormones were all over the charts, I was crying over commercials, and knew it would score some brownie points, and keep me quiet. Dr. D. came over and snatched a piece of MY chocolate. After that, I hid the box. She went searching for it, and found it, then came to me with the trademark golden box, and said "choc-lit...yum". I said, "Oh hell no. This is Mommy's EXPENSIVE chocolate. Forget it." Sorry, but there are some things I should not be expected to share.

Finally the big news of the weekend - my little sister got engaged this weekend! In the truest sense of sibling rivalry, she made sure that her diamond was larger than mine was....and now I'm going to be a MATRON of honor. That just chaps my ass. Just because I'm married, I'm a MATRON? WTF is up with that??

I'm exhausted, so I'm off to bed. Have a great weekend everyone!



2 Comments:

  • At 3:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I agree... there are just some things that mommas shouldn't have to share. Godiva Chocolates is definitely one of them. :)

     
  • At 10:42 PM, Blogger carmilevy said…

    Her diamond may be bigger than yours, but you already have jewels that she'll never be able to buy.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home