Diary of a Mad SAHM

Don't ask me - I just vent here.

Friday, May 04, 2007

UGH.

To answer the questions to the curious...yes, it was the transmission. The truck comes home tomorrow to the tune of about $3000. A relief, since I thought it was going to be close to $5000. DH is happy to have his ride back, as am I because I HATE when he drives my car - he never puts my seats and mirrors back.

In other news, the girls are sick. I can't really complain - they haven't been sick since February, but it sucks all the same. Wednesday was a busy day - I was out with the girls all morning, and after they had their lunch and their naps we went out with their teachers to the zoo. Dr. D. got out of the car and immediately remembered that place - she said, "Yee-hah" and ran head-on to the pony rides. She rode the horses again, so proud of herself. Miss Princess tearfully declined. Then we went to Wendy's for dinner.

I noticed that Miss Princess didn't eat very much, and she was REALLY moody when she got home. Both girls went right to sleep.

The next morning, DH woke me with a cheery "Princess feels hot - I think she has a fever". Superb. He was right. I was at the doctor's office with Princess by lunchtime. By this afternoon, Dr D. was sick too. Luckily, the doctor took pity on me and just called in some antibiotics for D. But they are clearly sick - laying around....Dr. D. has dark circles under her eyes, and Princess is a total clingy mess. Princess gets these "subfevers" when she's sick - I don't know how else to describe it. She gets all lethargic, and her temp goes below normal - and I know (from past experience) she's dehydrating. She won't drink because her throat hurts. So I'm forcing liquids with a medicine dropper - one agonizing teaspoon at a time. She complains, and her tears are so big, they fall down her cheeks like diamonds. Don't you just HATE when they're sick??

Dr. D. has gotten very fond of counting to ten - she does it in English and Spanish - she goes 1, 2, 3....7, 8, 9,10. What happened to 4,5,6?? The other night, we were sitting in bed and she was watching Eebee Baby on the Kids on Demand channel and she sat right in my lap, put her head on my shoulder, wrapped her stringy little arms around me and starting singing along with the TV. It was absolute heaven.

Tomorrow is National Scrapbook Day (aka my favorite day of the year!) so I hope to get some scrapbooking done tomorrow after the girls go to bed! I hope everyone's having a great weekend!

5 Comments:

  • At 12:12 AM, Blogger Paul Nichols said…

    You need to read my 2nd post about getting our car fixed. You'll like it. Wish I had a couple big bills I could pull off our money tree to help you out.

    Here from Michele's.

     
  • At 10:52 PM, Blogger The Mistress of the Dark said…

    That was one heck of an expensive transmission. Yikes!

    Here's hoping better days are ahead for you.

    Michele says hi btw..and so do I.

     
  • At 11:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh I can so sympathize with you! I, as you know, since you visited my blog! am the last of the 4 in my house to get sick & I just had my transmission go out on my car too! (I drive a stick shift & it was some sort of bands or something which slipped, it was about $300 but considering I'd put $1200 into the car two weeks earlier I was not pleased!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

     
  • At 10:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's all up from here....or is that downhill? Michele sent me over.

     
  • At 10:42 PM, Blogger carmilevy said…

    I'm so sorry to hear that it was the transmission. I HATE cars for this precise reason. Without warning, they break big time and leave huge bills in their wake. I wish society didn't make owning one such a necessity.

    If only...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home