Diary of a Mad SAHM

Don't ask me - I just vent here.

Friday, October 07, 2005

TGIF (?)

Just once, I'd like to be able to ENJOY my weekend. It seems like there's always something on tap.

Tonite, my BIL is coming over to help us run some new electrical outlets. We're moving things around in the next couple of weeks to give the girls more room when they're downstairs, and we need more outlets to accomodate all the stuff that's moving. So I've spent the last couple of nights preparing for that, because I know he's going to storm in here like Hurricane Mike and mow down anything in his path. The timing on this was not optimal, but that's what happens when you're depending on someone else to do you a favor, you need to work according to their timeline. Tomorrow night, we've got F and Mrs F coming over, and probably Mr and Mrs L. I can't stand them, especially his wife. Five years ago, Mr. L. was a complete loser. Lived at home at 33, no real job, you know the type. Then he finds this girl, and he marries her. In the grand scheme of things, she's made him a better man - but she completely wears the pants in their relationship. She's a total principessa who walks into my house and acts like she's going to get cooties from sitting on my furniture. Someday I'm going to get drunk enough and throw her out on her ass. My house isn't much to marvel at, but its MINE. Show some fucking respect.

I'd wanted to take the girls out tomorrow during the day, but the weather isn't going to cooperate. Figures.

Speaking of the girls, Miss S. is becoming quite the cerebral assassin. She's now hitting. And why? Because DH taught her how. He thinks its "cute". Now I have to unlearn this behaviour. She hits me, then puts her head on my shoulder, looks up at me and smiles like, "mommy, I love you..." She's no fool. I am in trouble with this one. The other day she was trying to open a jack-in-the-box, and couldn't figure it out - she had a total tantrum -- threw the thing across the room and everything. I said to DH, "that's all you. THAT is not MY side of the family".

Because we all know I'm just SOOOooo level headed, right?

Off to prepare for my crazy weekend - here's this week's Friday Fiver

1. Have you ever been to the emergency room? - Yes.
2. What's the worst pain you've ever had? - That's a toss up between a root canal and a c-section.
3. If you could choose your doctor, do you prefer someone of the same or opposite sex? - opposite.
4. Do you take vitamins? - when i remember. I create my own cocktail. Its currently Vitamins A, C, E, Co-Q-10 and fish oil.
5. Would you prefer to go to the doctor, the dentist or go sky diving? - doctor.

9 Comments:

  • At 10:00 PM, Blogger carmilevy said…

    Once you get the freakazoids out of your house, you're home free.

    Popped in from Michele's tonight. On the bright side, you'll have some spankin' new electrical outlets when all is said and done.

    Too bad the other visitors aren't nearly so helpful.

    (Lived at home till he was 33? Gaa!)

     
  • At 12:28 AM, Blogger mommy d said…

    Get ready for the tantrums! I always say my kids got there craziness from him! I hope your weekend isn't too crazy. Sometimes mom needs a rest! Here from Michele's tonight.

     
  • At 4:47 PM, Blogger Karen said…

    I love your attitude girl. I'm bookmarking you and comin' back as a regular! Party on!

    Michele sent me!

     
  • At 3:02 PM, Blogger Mean One said…

    I prefer a male doctor too, and here I was starting to think I was strange :)

     
  • At 10:36 AM, Blogger Shannin said…

    Funny about doctors...I like women for some things and men for others. I guess as long as I have a good rapport with them I don't care what sex they are...

    Hope all went well this weekend, and your outlets got done!

     
  • At 7:22 PM, Blogger Mackey said…

    Hey there! I came across your blog & I love it! I am a mad SAHM myself...or Domestic Goddess as I have been told I should refer to it as! Love you Friday Fiver....think I might have to put that on my blog if ya don't mind?

     
  • At 12:47 AM, Blogger Mackey said…

    My answers to your Friday Fiver are:
    1.Yes.
    2.Broken collar bone.
    3.Doesn't matter to me.
    4.No
    5.The Dentist.

     
  • At 11:28 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I hope that all is well with the company.

    My answers to your Friday Fiver:

    1. Yes
    2. A burst cyst
    3. depends on the type of doctor.
    4. No
    5. doctor

    I love your blinkies :)

     
  • At 11:57 PM, Blogger Mackey said…

    Where do u go to make those blinky things??

     

Post a Comment

<< Home