Diary of a Mad SAHM

Don't ask me - I just vent here.

Monday, September 12, 2011

YaSabe - Now YOU know.

I recently took a "drive" around YaSabe.com, a new website providing bilingual directory services for Hispanics. YaSabe is well designed and very easy to navigate. When I initially pulled up the website, it was entirely in Spanish. I took three years of Spanish in high school, and the years have not been kind to my memory. I appreciated the fact that you were able select your preferred language, and that the language selector is right at the top of the site.

Once I'd switched over to English, I performed a simple search for "burrito" in my neighborhood. You're able to narrow your search results by distance, in alphabetical order, or by best match. The restaurants that YaSabe found in my neighborhood were accurate. Once you've found the restaurant you want, YaSabe provides you links to the restaurant's website (when available), phone numbers, the ability to send the address via SMS, or share it on any number of social networks. If you find you need additonal help, YaSabe offers assisted search. You can chat with an expert, or leave them a message. YaSabe's experts will help you find the right local business for you (and they'll communicate with you via text or email in either English or Spanish!)

Here's the search results I received.

Labels: