Someone wash MY mouth out with soap!
It's official. The word "shit" is part of Dr. D's vocabulary.
Now mind you. There were a couple of times last week I thought I heard the word: But I'd convinced myself that she was saying "sit". It was open to interpretation.
The other day, our speech therapist showed her a toy she'd never seen before, and she responded, "OH SHIT - WOW!!"
Even sadder is that I think she got that from me. The F-Bomb I'm blaming entirely on DH.
Last Saturday, I had to take the girls to have blood drawn. Normally I would NOT take them on a Saturday morning for something like that. BUT I found out (the hard way) that the blood test results are needed in order for the pediatrician to complete their medical forms for preschool. So it was a fire drill. It was torture. It was a trip to the depths of hell. Try and keep two toddlers occupied in a space of about 5x5. Did I mention that said space was also packed with other adults waiting? Well, it was. After about 45 minutes of sheer bliss, the tech calls us, and tells me to bring both girls in. That was a mistake. Dr. D went first, and when Princess saw what was happening to her sister, she knew she'd be next - so they both were screaming bloody murder. We had to stick D. twice because she squirmed around so much. Shots are easy - just a quick in and out. Blood is a different story. Nothing like trying to hold your kid completely still while her vein gets tapped.
I've been trying to keep the germies at bay. DH has been sick for a week now, and D. started with the runny nose/fever combo earlier in the week. By Thursday, Miss Priincess spiked a fever. By this afternoon, they were both in the Doctor's office. Now they're both on antibiotics and decongestants.
Let's see...what else? Oh, here's a vocabulary update:
Miss Princess said "hat" clear as day. She's also still working on her colors, and said 'orange' and 'purple'. And she says MOM now. Christ. I only waited THREE FECKING years. But it is sweet music, let me tell you.
Dr. D is in love with her Huggable Dora doll, and she's been busy naming all the parts - shoes, gloves, jacket (it sounds like "gi-jet").
D. begins her evaluations for preschool this week - send some good vibes our way - and if you have any Valium to send my way, that would help too.
Now mind you. There were a couple of times last week I thought I heard the word: But I'd convinced myself that she was saying "sit". It was open to interpretation.
The other day, our speech therapist showed her a toy she'd never seen before, and she responded, "OH SHIT - WOW!!"
Even sadder is that I think she got that from me. The F-Bomb I'm blaming entirely on DH.
Last Saturday, I had to take the girls to have blood drawn. Normally I would NOT take them on a Saturday morning for something like that. BUT I found out (the hard way) that the blood test results are needed in order for the pediatrician to complete their medical forms for preschool. So it was a fire drill. It was torture. It was a trip to the depths of hell. Try and keep two toddlers occupied in a space of about 5x5. Did I mention that said space was also packed with other adults waiting? Well, it was. After about 45 minutes of sheer bliss, the tech calls us, and tells me to bring both girls in. That was a mistake. Dr. D went first, and when Princess saw what was happening to her sister, she knew she'd be next - so they both were screaming bloody murder. We had to stick D. twice because she squirmed around so much. Shots are easy - just a quick in and out. Blood is a different story. Nothing like trying to hold your kid completely still while her vein gets tapped.
I've been trying to keep the germies at bay. DH has been sick for a week now, and D. started with the runny nose/fever combo earlier in the week. By Thursday, Miss Priincess spiked a fever. By this afternoon, they were both in the Doctor's office. Now they're both on antibiotics and decongestants.
Let's see...what else? Oh, here's a vocabulary update:
Miss Princess said "hat" clear as day. She's also still working on her colors, and said 'orange' and 'purple'. And she says MOM now. Christ. I only waited THREE FECKING years. But it is sweet music, let me tell you.
Dr. D is in love with her Huggable Dora doll, and she's been busy naming all the parts - shoes, gloves, jacket (it sounds like "gi-jet").
D. begins her evaluations for preschool this week - send some good vibes our way - and if you have any Valium to send my way, that would help too.

3 Comments:
At 12:26 AM,
Thumper said…
Sorry, I gotta smile... the first words out of the little boy of one of my friends was "Oh shit." He toddled around happily, saying it over and over and over... They were horrified, I thought it was funny as hell.
Here via Michele's tonight!
At 11:08 PM,
utenzi said…
Ahhh, kids. It sounds like you have your hands full, Christine. It's pretty difficult to keep kids from learning the "bad" words but still it seems she's gotten an early handle on two of them. Good luck!
Michele sent me over.
At 12:54 AM,
Carli N. Wendell said…
If you saw the fingernails on the woman who took my blood this week, you'd have scooped up your girls and left! They were like 10 inches long. And yet, it was one of the quickest blood draws of my life. Guess you can't judge a phlebotomist by her manicure!
Here from M.
Post a Comment
<< Home