What a week.
First and foremost, our beloved Rusty went to the Great Scratch Post in the Sky on Tuesday night. The vet called DH and said that he'd taken a turn for the worst, and would need constant blood transfusions. He made the decision to put him down, and I was able to be there with him at the end. Poor little guy, but he's in a better place now.
The girls did wonderfully well this week; I'd expected them to be hell on wheels for their therapists given the long holiday, but they were wonderful, almost as if they were happy to get back to their regular routine. They never cease to amaze me. And speaking of amazing me...
Dr. D has been quite the little chatterbox the last few days, and my MIL was on the receiving end of one of her zingers on New Year's Day. First, a little background - Dr. D hates having her...um...nether regions touched. When DH bathes her, she locks her legs, fixes him with a furrowed brow, and says "HEY!"...Naturally, I hope this trend carries straight through to puberty. Now, on New Year's Day, my MIL was changing her diaper, and D. had a little diaper rash. MIL goes to apply some cream, and D. says, "HEY, Don't touch!" my MIL said to her, "Excuse me - when you can wipe your own ass, then you can complain..." Dr. D. replied, "Oh, SHUT UP." Hysterical!
In other news, Miss Princess S. is widening her culinary horizons. The other day, I was nibbling on half a brownie that I'd saved for the 3:30pm sugar slump. She ran over to me, her little pigtails bouncing in the wind, reached out, snatched a piece of brownie from my hand, inspected it, then shoved it in her mouth and ran off.
Now I have to hide my brownies from my kid. What the hell is this world coming to?
I leave you to ponder the Friday Fiver:
1. What feels like home? - You mean besides my home? My daughters' hugs.
2 Do you look at yourself carefully in the mirror before you leave for the day? - You're funny. Next question.
3. How do you feel right now? - Sleepy.
4. Are you a star-gazer? - Sometimes.
5. Friday Fill-In:How much time has passed since you last _passed gas____? - I can't answer this question because...well, I don't pass gas. :)
The girls did wonderfully well this week; I'd expected them to be hell on wheels for their therapists given the long holiday, but they were wonderful, almost as if they were happy to get back to their regular routine. They never cease to amaze me. And speaking of amazing me...
Dr. D has been quite the little chatterbox the last few days, and my MIL was on the receiving end of one of her zingers on New Year's Day. First, a little background - Dr. D hates having her...um...nether regions touched. When DH bathes her, she locks her legs, fixes him with a furrowed brow, and says "HEY!"...Naturally, I hope this trend carries straight through to puberty. Now, on New Year's Day, my MIL was changing her diaper, and D. had a little diaper rash. MIL goes to apply some cream, and D. says, "HEY, Don't touch!" my MIL said to her, "Excuse me - when you can wipe your own ass, then you can complain..." Dr. D. replied, "Oh, SHUT UP." Hysterical!
In other news, Miss Princess S. is widening her culinary horizons. The other day, I was nibbling on half a brownie that I'd saved for the 3:30pm sugar slump. She ran over to me, her little pigtails bouncing in the wind, reached out, snatched a piece of brownie from my hand, inspected it, then shoved it in her mouth and ran off.
Now I have to hide my brownies from my kid. What the hell is this world coming to?
I leave you to ponder the Friday Fiver:
1. What feels like home? - You mean besides my home? My daughters' hugs.
2 Do you look at yourself carefully in the mirror before you leave for the day? - You're funny. Next question.
3. How do you feel right now? - Sleepy.
4. Are you a star-gazer? - Sometimes.
5. Friday Fill-In:How much time has passed since you last _passed gas____? - I can't answer this question because...well, I don't pass gas. :)

4 Comments:
At 10:24 PM,
David Edward said…
happy friday
here from michele
At 2:11 AM,
David Edward said…
the older they get the more food they snatch from your mouth! (skinny father of three)
here from M
At 10:57 AM,
carmilevy said…
I'm so sorry to hear about Rusty. Glad you're all doing OK in the aftermath.
At 1:35 PM,
Carrie said…
I'm cracking up abut the brownies and netherland lock-down!
damn.. now I'm thinking about brownies.
condolences on Rusty...
Post a Comment
<< Home