'Twas the night before the night before Christmas...
...And I'm still working on Christmas gifts.
We're going to my mom's tomorrow. So I have to hop to it, and this won't be very long.
We've all finally gotten sick. Finally, not to be outdone, Miss Princess S. beat the land speed record for illness. On Sunday night I heard her sleeping very restlessly...I knew it was coming. By Monday, she was sick. Tuesday, she had a very congested cough. Off to the Dr. with her too. She's also on antibiotics, decongestant and a nebulizer. I keep hearing her cough on the monitor and my heart jumps each time.
(I'm just scarred after her hospital stay last year.)
In the last week, I've been out of the house only to food shop, run to doctors, or run to pharmacies to fill prescriptions. I'm like a lunatic, throwing windows open, Lysol-ing, washing sheets, Purell-ing...trying to get the sickies out of my house. Even better is that on Xmas day we'll go to my BILs house, where my kids will be in contact with all my germy nieces and nephews...and we'll repeat this whole cycle again. It sucks.
This evening, I spent a fair amount of time weeding out the girls' toys. The therapists have been telling me to do this for months, and...ever the procrastinator me - I'm doing it the night before NEW toys start to flood in. The theory is that there are too many toys in our living room (aka the girls' playroom) and because of that, they don't focus very long on any one toy. Split up the toys, and rotate them around periodically. I will take some of the new toys and bring them straight upstairs, and we'll open them in a couple of months. As you may imagine, there will be SCADS of toys arriving over the next couple of days...its already started - some of the therapists gifted the girls as well. However, where it comes to my family, I am the gestapo of Christmas gifts. I have a pretty strict gift list, and ask that folks adhere to it as much as possible. I tend to ask mostly for toys with a purpose, toys that the girls get some educational benefit from. But I admit I'll felt bad when my BIL said to me, "We're going shopping for the girls, is it OK for us to buy the girls a toy?" I'm such a meanie.
In the good news department, Miss Princess S. picked up a spoon and fed herself today. Unbelilevable. And miracles or miracles, I actually had my (Canon D-Reb) ready to go and capture the moment forever! Yay me!
Happy Holidays everyone!
We're going to my mom's tomorrow. So I have to hop to it, and this won't be very long.
We've all finally gotten sick. Finally, not to be outdone, Miss Princess S. beat the land speed record for illness. On Sunday night I heard her sleeping very restlessly...I knew it was coming. By Monday, she was sick. Tuesday, she had a very congested cough. Off to the Dr. with her too. She's also on antibiotics, decongestant and a nebulizer. I keep hearing her cough on the monitor and my heart jumps each time.
(I'm just scarred after her hospital stay last year.)
In the last week, I've been out of the house only to food shop, run to doctors, or run to pharmacies to fill prescriptions. I'm like a lunatic, throwing windows open, Lysol-ing, washing sheets, Purell-ing...trying to get the sickies out of my house. Even better is that on Xmas day we'll go to my BILs house, where my kids will be in contact with all my germy nieces and nephews...and we'll repeat this whole cycle again. It sucks.
This evening, I spent a fair amount of time weeding out the girls' toys. The therapists have been telling me to do this for months, and...ever the procrastinator me - I'm doing it the night before NEW toys start to flood in. The theory is that there are too many toys in our living room (aka the girls' playroom) and because of that, they don't focus very long on any one toy. Split up the toys, and rotate them around periodically. I will take some of the new toys and bring them straight upstairs, and we'll open them in a couple of months. As you may imagine, there will be SCADS of toys arriving over the next couple of days...its already started - some of the therapists gifted the girls as well. However, where it comes to my family, I am the gestapo of Christmas gifts. I have a pretty strict gift list, and ask that folks adhere to it as much as possible. I tend to ask mostly for toys with a purpose, toys that the girls get some educational benefit from. But I admit I'll felt bad when my BIL said to me, "We're going shopping for the girls, is it OK for us to buy the girls a toy?" I'm such a meanie.
In the good news department, Miss Princess S. picked up a spoon and fed herself today. Unbelilevable. And miracles or miracles, I actually had my (Canon D-Reb) ready to go and capture the moment forever! Yay me!
Happy Holidays everyone!

2 Comments:
At 2:20 AM,
Leah said…
All will turn out well. Good luck and take care.
Merry Christmas and all the best
here via Michele
At 4:46 PM,
Prego said…
we're all sporting that red/raw spoctch under our rudlophs this year. (sniff sniff)
have a nice holiday
p
here via michele today
Post a Comment
<< Home