Diary of a Mad SAHM

Don't ask me - I just vent here.

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Holy Crap.

I cannot belive I'm encouraging these two girls to speak. I swear.

This week, Miss Princess S. put me in my place; I was putting her shoes on because the PT wanted to take her roller skating. I asked her to sit on the couch so that we could put shoes on. She shook her head "no". I put her on the couch and began to put her shoes on. She began to kick me. I grabbed her ankles and said, "HEY! I'm the boss!" She shook her head "NO" and thumped her chest as if to say, "No, I'm the boss".

Well. Glad we settled that. I informed her that her ass was mine until she was 18, and she'd better straighten up.

Later that week, the PT asked her, "S., who's the boss?" - she put her hand on my arm, and laughed as if to say, "I remember! Mommy's the boss".

THEN, she was working with her teachers, and she brought me this big bucket of Play-Dough, as if to say, "Mommy, open this. I want to play with it". I explained to her that she still had work to do, and she'd do arts & crafts later. She pushed the bucket at me again, insistent. I said, "No, S. I need more work" (while making the hand-signs for "more" "work"). She looked at me and made the sign for "no more".

hmmm....

Then there's Dr. D. The speech therapist was playing Mr. Potato Head with her; and true to form, Dr. D. didn't want to actually PLAY with the toy, she just wanted to gather up all the pieces and revel in her little collection. When the therapist took the items back, and insisted that she play with the toy in an appropriate way, she said, "bad girl!" She called the therapist a bad girl for taking her toys away. She is a crack up.

I'm going to a baby shower in a few weeks. I just got the invite. I checked out this gal's registry. And being a mom now for nearly three years, I'd like to think I've learned a thing or two. There were so many items on her registry that I know for a FACT are just a waste of time and money. Things like:

* Dreft detergent - what a scam. The biggest waste of money on the market.
* Diaper Genie - ICK. Some folks love it, but I couldn't take it. The smell made me heave.
* A POTTY.

Now, my kids aren't even three, and they're not using a potty yet. WHY would you put a potty on the baby registry? To me, that just smacks of greed. Am I completely off base here?

Not that it matters, cause she's gettin' a scrapbook. HARRUMPH.

I'm late today, so here's the Weekend Musings

Do you decorate for Halloween? If so, what do you do? - I used to. Nowadays I don't have the time. Maybe when the girls are older I'll come back to it, but I find that decorating just invites more annoying trick or treaters.

Are you planning on going out on Halloween or stay at home and pass out the goodies? - We're going out this year to my BIL's Halloween party. Since Halloween comes on a weekday this year, yes I'll be home passing out goodies.
Do you dress up in a Halloween costume? If so, what are you dressing up in this year? - a nun.
What sort of goodies do you get to pass out? - Candy
How many Trick or Treater's do you generally get at your house? - a few. Not too many. We stop answering the door when it gets dark. Older trick or treaters freak me out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home