Blah.
I have nothing really exciting to share with you today. Then again, some would say that I NEVER have anything interesting to share. harrumph.
The girls are doing well with Early Intervention. Their eye contact is improving, D. has learned to climb up onto the sofa by herself - not sure if this is a good thing, and both girls are standing independently. All they need to do now is take that ...one...step.
And so begins a new chapter in hell.
Nothing too eventful going on this weekend. Lots of cleaning. One of the cats projectile vomited on the bathroom floor last night. I covered it with an old towel and its still up there. Haven't yet been able to bring myself to clean it up. In general, I can handle just about anything - poop, blood, you name it -- but puke -- especially cat puke....no can do.
The scrapbooking party at Mrs. F's wasn't the success I hoped. About 4 women total - and only $115 dollars in sales - not even enough for Mrs. F to get hostess rewards. But I gave her half off one of the items she wanted to purchase simply because she went to so much trouble hosting the party. She had drinks, she made a tray of lasagna...I felt she should get something in exchange for all the time she spent preparing. In the end, not a total loss because it helped me practice my presentation, and the sales I did get will help me meet my sales quota for the quarter. But I was disappointed nonetheless -- I'd spent time putting together a 'make & take' project (that no one did), put together a cute little display board of projects...I'm still hunting the big payday. My manager Kim tells me about $1000 gatherings and I can't help but think, "where are these people hiding and where did you find them??"
I need to remember that I've only been doing this for about six months. Things take time, right?
DH is on his way home from work now, and that means I've got to get my act together - its time for weekly food shopping. Yuk.
Hope your weekend is a little more exciting than mine is shaping up to be!
For a change of pace, this week's meme is brought to you by Friday Fun:
1. Did you look forward to the first day of school? Why, or why not? - Yes, but only for the new school supplies. There's something about a new notebook that still makes me happy.
2. Who was your first boyfriend/girlfriend? Did they also give you your first kiss? C'mon,... spill it!! - Well, I had three boyfriends in Kindergarten. I was hot stuff back then. I don't remember kissing them though. My first kiss was with a boy named John (no, not my first boyfriend). I was 7 or 8. He pinned me up against a wall and kissed me like he was trying to mash my lips into oblivion. It sucked. I remember thinking, "so, what's the big deal about this??"
3. What was your first job? Did you love it or hate it? - I whored ice cream and Italian Ices at a little joint near my parents house. Hated it. Long hours, slave wages. Until I got smart and begun stealing $20's from the open till.
4. What other first memories do you have that are special to you? The birth of my children is the one that comes to mind quickest.
The girls are doing well with Early Intervention. Their eye contact is improving, D. has learned to climb up onto the sofa by herself - not sure if this is a good thing, and both girls are standing independently. All they need to do now is take that ...one...step.
And so begins a new chapter in hell.
Nothing too eventful going on this weekend. Lots of cleaning. One of the cats projectile vomited on the bathroom floor last night. I covered it with an old towel and its still up there. Haven't yet been able to bring myself to clean it up. In general, I can handle just about anything - poop, blood, you name it -- but puke -- especially cat puke....no can do.
The scrapbooking party at Mrs. F's wasn't the success I hoped. About 4 women total - and only $115 dollars in sales - not even enough for Mrs. F to get hostess rewards. But I gave her half off one of the items she wanted to purchase simply because she went to so much trouble hosting the party. She had drinks, she made a tray of lasagna...I felt she should get something in exchange for all the time she spent preparing. In the end, not a total loss because it helped me practice my presentation, and the sales I did get will help me meet my sales quota for the quarter. But I was disappointed nonetheless -- I'd spent time putting together a 'make & take' project (that no one did), put together a cute little display board of projects...I'm still hunting the big payday. My manager Kim tells me about $1000 gatherings and I can't help but think, "where are these people hiding and where did you find them??"
I need to remember that I've only been doing this for about six months. Things take time, right?
DH is on his way home from work now, and that means I've got to get my act together - its time for weekly food shopping. Yuk.
Hope your weekend is a little more exciting than mine is shaping up to be!
For a change of pace, this week's meme is brought to you by Friday Fun:
1. Did you look forward to the first day of school? Why, or why not? - Yes, but only for the new school supplies. There's something about a new notebook that still makes me happy.
2. Who was your first boyfriend/girlfriend? Did they also give you your first kiss? C'mon,... spill it!! - Well, I had three boyfriends in Kindergarten. I was hot stuff back then. I don't remember kissing them though. My first kiss was with a boy named John (no, not my first boyfriend). I was 7 or 8. He pinned me up against a wall and kissed me like he was trying to mash my lips into oblivion. It sucked. I remember thinking, "so, what's the big deal about this??"
3. What was your first job? Did you love it or hate it? - I whored ice cream and Italian Ices at a little joint near my parents house. Hated it. Long hours, slave wages. Until I got smart and begun stealing $20's from the open till.
4. What other first memories do you have that are special to you? The birth of my children is the one that comes to mind quickest.

7 Comments:
At 3:48 PM,
Lu said…
I hope you have a grand weekend. Try not to become discouraged with scapbooking - the $1000 people gathering will eventually have to come out from hiding to either go to the bathroom, get a drink of water or a bit to eat!
Visiting via Michele
At 11:41 PM,
Angie said…
If I lived near you I'd have a party! :) I love scrapbooking! One of my co-workers is a CM representative and she struggled to make her quota or whatever it's called. She's calling it quits soon. Hang in there and you will build a clientele.
Here via michele this time :)
At 6:49 AM,
Jean-Luc Picard said…
Scrapbooking is very American. Too bad it's not done here in England.
At 1:24 PM,
R.A. Slater said…
Thanks for visiting my blog!
I have a friend who does Pampered Chef, and it was a while before her business took off. Keep at it!!
At 12:07 AM,
yellojkt said…
Home party selling can be very frustrating. My wife did Mary Kay for awhile, but when we moved, it was tough to make new contacts. A lot of overhead too in all the preparations. Alot of people do well though, hang in there.
Michele sent me.
At 12:26 AM,
Michelle said…
If I lived near you I would enjoy going to a party. I think scrapbooking is cool. A good way to hang on to memories. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Hope the rest of your weekend goes well!
At 11:36 PM,
Cool Dad said…
Oh the joys of Scrapbooking parties. My 14 year old just spent $45 on an infomercial advertising scrapbook supplies. It hasn't arrived yet, but we are anxiously awaiting that day. Yeah, as a Dad, I love the scrapbooking. Unenthusiastic, "Yay".
PS--Visiting from Michele's
Post a Comment
<< Home