Diary of a Mad SAHM

Don't ask me - I just vent here.

Sunday, March 06, 2005

Home again, Home again...

Finally Baby S. is home. Finally. The nurse came in to take out her IV, and S. looked at me and smiled. I brought her in the house, and her head was spinning around like Linda Blair on steroids, almost as if she were thinking, "Can I REALLY be home?" I gave her a bath, and as I was dressing her in clean clothes, she was smiling her ass off. I put her in her swing with her favorite doggy (who has gotten a once-around in the gentle cycle, along with all their other loveys) and she had this look on her face like, "Thank Fucking God!"

Baby D. made a trip to the doctor with DH today. They say she's just congested, gave her more antibiotics, and said she'll be feeling better in a couple of days.

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel! Both of my girls are home!

But DH and I are finally ready to kill each other - the stress has just been overwhelming. At the start of this whole ordeal, he was behaving like the supportive DH that I expect. Last night we were ready to kill each other. Granted, he's been sleeping in the hospital for four nights, and he had a relapse of his gastro thing, so he was feeling generally shitty -- I sympathize, really. But he called me at 11:00pm Saturday night, accusing me of letting the baby sleep all day and now she wouldn't go to sleep. I mean, am I an idiot? The baby had her normal two naps that day under my watch, but think about it -- the poor thing is laying in bed all day with no physical activity to tire her out -- of course she's not going to be tired at the end of the day! So I went to sleep with a clear conscience, prepared to deal with fuckwad DH the next day. I wasn't disappointed. He was tired and generally pissed off that HE had to take Baby D. to the doctor, instead of waiting for me to come home with S. and make the exchange.

When I realized that DH had to take D. to the doctor, I was very stressed out. What is it about motherhood that makes us more attentive to little details? I just knew he wouldn't know how much the baby had eaten, wouldn't know what meds she's been taking, wouldn't know how she's been sleeping, and wouldn't know to ask the right questions. I also knew he wouldn't know where the diaper bag was (or even if he'd have the foresight to take a diaper bag), wouldn't put her hat on, or put a blanket on her while she was in the car seat. Again, I was right about all these things. Is it my fault? Have I let him off the hook too easily by taking care of everything? If I got hit by a bus tomorrow, he'd be completely lost. Completely. Lost.

I still have a pile of puke-stained clothes to deal with. Therefore, I'm off to attend to all things domestic, as I begin to regain control of my life. Here's today's Monday Madness, thanks to Otto:

1. What's on your refrigerator? Lots of magnets.
2. What color is your refrigerator? Beige.
3. Is the freezer on the top, bottom or side? Top
4. How old is your fridge? Dont' know. Not as old as me though. Does it match your stove? You're funny.
5. How regularly do you clean the inside of your fridge? Um...I'm supposed to clean it?

1 Comments:

  • At 11:47 AM, Blogger Mel said…

    I'm so glad she's home! I bet not as much as she is! ha!

    I can not tell you how many times I get so irked that all the details fall on me. Our three are over a year now, and DH STILL asks me to get outfits out for him during the rare times he's the one dressing them. Drives me nuts! ha!

    Are we supposed to play the game, too? If so, here are my answers. :)

    1. What's on your refrigerator? Restaurant menus held by magnet. There used to be a lot more, but I've been cleaning things up due the upcoming move.

    2. What color is your refrigerator? White

    3. Is the freezer on the top, bottom or side? Side

    4. How old is your fridge? 4 years. We had to buy one when we moved in. Does it match your stove? Yes. We bought them at the same time.

    5. How regularly do you clean the inside of your fridge? Once I start finding hair growing on the vegetables, it's a good sign I better do something.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home