Diary of a Mad SAHM

Don't ask me - I just vent here.

Thursday, January 27, 2005

It's the end of unemployment as we know it...

(no apologies to REM).

Just filed for my last unemployment check. Couldn't sleep a wink last night. I'm not the type of woman to admit this freely, but I am scared to death. I feel like a woman hanging onto the edge of the cliff by her fingernails. The idea of having to ask DH for money is so abhorrent to me.

So, on that note, I've finally taken the plunge. I signed up this morning to be a consultant for Close to My Heart - its a scrapbooking company...like Tupperware for scrapbooking. My rationale was this:
  1. Scrapbooking is something that I'm passionate about, its something I know a fair deal about and something that I can promote without feeling like I'm "selling".
  2. It's a flexible medium that I can schedule around my kids
  3. CTMH has the highest commission schedule in the industry.

I met with a woman (another mom of twins) who is a consultant, and I got a chance to look at their products. The products are well-made, and offer lots of options.

I promise you all that I won't be too annoying; just please keep in mind that every commission I make is money that I don't have to beg off of DH.

Speaking of, I won the argument from yesterday. He's decided not to take the other nieces to ballet school on Saturday...and why? BECAUSE MIL told him to. Once again, the instructions were handed down from Mount Mom, and he was like "what a great idea!" I swear, someday I'm going to bite my tongue clean off. So I'll be making the onerous trip to L.I. with my babies. We'll be going in separate cars again as DH will be chauferring the two-headed monster to L.I. PAH.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home