Stubborn. Just like their daddy.
It is now 10:14pm (EST). My child has been crying for thirty minutes, refusing to go to sleep. Baby D. went down at about 8:40 (she feels warm, and she looks like ass, I'm praying that she's OK) Baby S. went to sleep at that point too. I was downstairs with DH, cleaning up and disinfecting (since the babies were sick, I religiously wash down their swings and saucers every night with diluted alcohol). As we came upstairs, something woke her. She began crying. I went in to her, thinking it was gas, and burped her. She let out a huge-ass burp, and I laid her back down. Hysterics. So I begin the whole ferber-like-check-on-her-every-five-minutes. This works like shit - my presence is even more upsetting to her. OK, at 9:45 I decide its time to try CIO.
...why is it that when your baby is crying, time is elongated, and one minute is like an intolerable HOUR?!
Finally, I used my laptop and popped on some Tori Amos with the volume cranked up, and continued to watch the baby monitor. Watching the little red arc spike up over and over again. Thinking to myself, "Go to sleep. Go to sleep. Go to FUCKING sleep!"
It is now 10:24. I think she's out. Thank you God.
I survived the visit from the MIL. Next is the big ho-down at her house NEXT weekend. WHY do we need to drag holidays out for WEEKS at a time? Because the MIL wants her WHOLE family together -- and my BILs have the good sense to tell her to fuck off on holidays and they hang with their wives' families. As my DH put it, "I'm the only one who's loyal to my mother." I swear to Christ, sometimes I just want to scream, "Why don't you two just have sex and get it over with?" So yet another weekend goes down the toilet. I get to sit my ass in my MILs crowded apartment with my nasty SILs and their ignorant, poorly-mannered children running around my kids swings. Awesome. On top of it all, she's asked all of her daughter in laws to bring something for dessert. Let me get it straight - I have to GO to your house, pretend to have a pleasant time, AND you want me to bake something too? Her audacity is embarrassing.
OK. I'm going to try and get to sleep tonight before 1am. A girl's gotta have goals.
...why is it that when your baby is crying, time is elongated, and one minute is like an intolerable HOUR?!
Finally, I used my laptop and popped on some Tori Amos with the volume cranked up, and continued to watch the baby monitor. Watching the little red arc spike up over and over again. Thinking to myself, "Go to sleep. Go to sleep. Go to FUCKING sleep!"
It is now 10:24. I think she's out. Thank you God.
I survived the visit from the MIL. Next is the big ho-down at her house NEXT weekend. WHY do we need to drag holidays out for WEEKS at a time? Because the MIL wants her WHOLE family together -- and my BILs have the good sense to tell her to fuck off on holidays and they hang with their wives' families. As my DH put it, "I'm the only one who's loyal to my mother." I swear to Christ, sometimes I just want to scream, "Why don't you two just have sex and get it over with?" So yet another weekend goes down the toilet. I get to sit my ass in my MILs crowded apartment with my nasty SILs and their ignorant, poorly-mannered children running around my kids swings. Awesome. On top of it all, she's asked all of her daughter in laws to bring something for dessert. Let me get it straight - I have to GO to your house, pretend to have a pleasant time, AND you want me to bake something too? Her audacity is embarrassing.
OK. I'm going to try and get to sleep tonight before 1am. A girl's gotta have goals.





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home