I need a 12-step program
MUST. STOP. EATING. HALLOWEEN. CANDY.
I thought I had the perfect plan. I kept buying candy that I can't stand, and therefore will not eat. But I couldn't turn down the low-priced candy - and have made quick work of an entire bag of Three Muskateers bars. Dammit.
In still more scrapbooking news this week, I'd applied to be a Design Team member for a scrapbooking website - I got turned down. Double dammit. I really feel like this is the next logical step in my little "career". So I'm workin' it. And dealing with the inevitable rejection that comes along with. Oh well...I'll just keep plugging.
Had a discussion with some other at-home-moms the other day about the identity crisis I (and apparently, other women) are going through. I was a career woman, I made a good amount of money...managed staff, was well-respected in my industry. Now, I can't go back to that job - I've been "out of the loop" for too long. When it comes time for me to go back to work, I'm going to have to try and get some kind of clerical/administrative job - and most folks won't hire me for that type of job, because that's not where my experience lies. And I'm not entirely sure that I could go back to the corporate world. In my day, I was the cerebral assassin - life in the office was a game of chess, and I was alway one step ahead of those who would mean to bring me down. Nowadays, I no longer have the time or the patience for that kind of shit - I have too many other things going on in my life right now. But I'm going to have to find a gig very, very soon.
The girls were scheduled to get their flu shots this past Wednesday, but never made it. Tuesday afternoon, Miss Princess S. began to run a fever. She was sitting at her little table during her therapy session, head down, holding on to her Ernie. Her temp was 100.0. Her temp hung right around there all night, no other symptoms. On Wednesday, she woke up with a temp of 101.8. I could tell her throat was bothering her - she's drinking really slow (pretty frustrating for me since I kept pushing the liquids)...thankfully her appetite was still pretty good.
I took her to the Dr. anyway. Her throat was red - they did a culture. Her ears were fine. Dr. didn't write her a script for anything, just wanted to watch her for a couple of days. We didn't give Dr. D. her shot either on the chance that she gets sick too.
So...why has all of this happened?
MIL babysat for the girls on Saturday night when DH and I went out. She brought over my BIL's kids...when I picked the girls up on Sunday, MIL says to me, "Jenna (my niece) had a little cough, so I gave the girls some Tylenol to protect them". Can someone please tell my MIL that Tylenol is NOT a preventative? The next day I find out that Jenna actually has brochitis. When I told DH that Miss Princess was sick, he said, "well. we can't do anything about it, they're never around other kids"....How about YOUR BROTHER'S KIDS are hotbeds of germ activity?! How about every single time my kids are around them, my kids get sick? Oh, and my MIL knew that Jenna was sick, and still allowed me to bring my kids there.
SO...long story long... a big F.U. to DH and MIL!
The next time someone tells me that my kids are sheltered, or that I'm a germophobe, they can suck my dick!
Here's one for the "you gotta be kidding me" department - The Business Bib. WTF is wrong with the world today!?
Here's this week's Feast
Appetizer: What is your favorite beverage? - Coca Cola Classic
Soup: Name 3 things that are on your computer desk at home or work. - Who has a desk?
Salad: On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being highest), how honest do you think you are? - 8
Main Course: If you could change the name of one city in the world, what would you rename it and why? - hmmm...Dunno!
Dessert: What stresses you out? What calms you down? What stresses me out is the constant list of "to do's" that never seem to get done. What calms me down? A nice, long shower, or (and don't you laugh) - at night, the best way for me to "clean my mental blackboard" and fall asleep is by praying. God is definitely sick of hearing me blather on.
I thought I had the perfect plan. I kept buying candy that I can't stand, and therefore will not eat. But I couldn't turn down the low-priced candy - and have made quick work of an entire bag of Three Muskateers bars. Dammit.
In still more scrapbooking news this week, I'd applied to be a Design Team member for a scrapbooking website - I got turned down. Double dammit. I really feel like this is the next logical step in my little "career". So I'm workin' it. And dealing with the inevitable rejection that comes along with. Oh well...I'll just keep plugging.
Had a discussion with some other at-home-moms the other day about the identity crisis I (and apparently, other women) are going through. I was a career woman, I made a good amount of money...managed staff, was well-respected in my industry. Now, I can't go back to that job - I've been "out of the loop" for too long. When it comes time for me to go back to work, I'm going to have to try and get some kind of clerical/administrative job - and most folks won't hire me for that type of job, because that's not where my experience lies. And I'm not entirely sure that I could go back to the corporate world. In my day, I was the cerebral assassin - life in the office was a game of chess, and I was alway one step ahead of those who would mean to bring me down. Nowadays, I no longer have the time or the patience for that kind of shit - I have too many other things going on in my life right now. But I'm going to have to find a gig very, very soon.
The girls were scheduled to get their flu shots this past Wednesday, but never made it. Tuesday afternoon, Miss Princess S. began to run a fever. She was sitting at her little table during her therapy session, head down, holding on to her Ernie. Her temp was 100.0. Her temp hung right around there all night, no other symptoms. On Wednesday, she woke up with a temp of 101.8. I could tell her throat was bothering her - she's drinking really slow (pretty frustrating for me since I kept pushing the liquids)...thankfully her appetite was still pretty good.
I took her to the Dr. anyway. Her throat was red - they did a culture. Her ears were fine. Dr. didn't write her a script for anything, just wanted to watch her for a couple of days. We didn't give Dr. D. her shot either on the chance that she gets sick too.
So...why has all of this happened?
MIL babysat for the girls on Saturday night when DH and I went out. She brought over my BIL's kids...when I picked the girls up on Sunday, MIL says to me, "Jenna (my niece) had a little cough, so I gave the girls some Tylenol to protect them". Can someone please tell my MIL that Tylenol is NOT a preventative? The next day I find out that Jenna actually has brochitis. When I told DH that Miss Princess was sick, he said, "well. we can't do anything about it, they're never around other kids"....How about YOUR BROTHER'S KIDS are hotbeds of germ activity?! How about every single time my kids are around them, my kids get sick? Oh, and my MIL knew that Jenna was sick, and still allowed me to bring my kids there.
SO...long story long... a big F.U. to DH and MIL!
The next time someone tells me that my kids are sheltered, or that I'm a germophobe, they can suck my dick!
Here's one for the "you gotta be kidding me" department - The Business Bib. WTF is wrong with the world today!?
Here's this week's Feast
Appetizer: What is your favorite beverage? - Coca Cola Classic
Soup: Name 3 things that are on your computer desk at home or work. - Who has a desk?
Salad: On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being highest), how honest do you think you are? - 8
Main Course: If you could change the name of one city in the world, what would you rename it and why? - hmmm...Dunno!
Dessert: What stresses you out? What calms you down? What stresses me out is the constant list of "to do's" that never seem to get done. What calms me down? A nice, long shower, or (and don't you laugh) - at night, the best way for me to "clean my mental blackboard" and fall asleep is by praying. God is definitely sick of hearing me blather on.

3 Comments:
At 1:14 AM,
Melody said…
Hi Christine - here via Michele this weekend.
Some people are just plain stupid aren't they? How does medicine PROTECT others? Urgh.
At 5:39 AM,
-E said…
Heh, I bought some little play-dohs to give out for halloween. If I start eating that, then I'm in a lot of trouble.
Here via Michele and I hope the bronchitis doesn't plague the little one for too long. But you know, there's always tylenol :P
At 9:32 PM,
Carli N. Wendell said…
Sorry the kids are sick. Thankfully, we don't have kids in this building, just animals, and they don't trick-or-treat, so I don't have to buy candy. I'd like to, but I don't.
Maybe buy little boxes of raisins?
Michele sent me.
Post a Comment
<< Home