Diary of a Mad SAHM

Don't ask me - I just vent here.

Friday, May 27, 2005

A Nice, long weekend...

Hope everyone's got some cool plans for the Memorial Day weekend. DH is coming home early today, which always cramps my daily routine. Tomorrow is the girls' birthday party - so I'll be doing goodie bags tonight along with varied other scrapbooking-related activities. In past years, there would have been a Memorial Day ho-down in my backyard -- last year, I think I was off the hook because my babies were barely one week old. This year, it was a combination of the babies' birthday party falling on this weekend, and the fact that my backyard looks like something out of "Survivor" -- someone call Mark Burne*tt and let him know that he can scrap the exotic locales and plunk the next series right down in my yard. DH hasn't gotten around to cleaning up the yard, mowing grass, or anything of the sort -- he's a very busy man (insert sarcasm here).

The babies are doing well - Baby D. is still climbing & pulling up on anything she can get to. The other day, she was holding on to the edge of the sofa...and mind you, she'd fallen back on her ass a couple of times. The first time she was PISSED - but subsequent times she got less and less annoyed by it. Finally, there she was, standing on her wobbly, chunky little legs. Next thing I know, she's in tears because she couldn't figure out how to get down from where she was. I found S. sitting in a corner, quietly trying to chew on electrical cords. YES. It's finally time to babyproof the damn house. And YES, I know I should've done it earlier, but there wasn't a need at that point. Also on the To Do list is to assemble "the Octagon" -- the Play Yard XT. Let's all sing a rousing rendition of "Don't Fence Me In" in honor of my daughters, shall we?

Here's the Friday Fiver for your amusement - have a great weekend folks! Save me a burger and a nice cold beer, won't you?

1. Describe your education: "Some college"
2. What's the last class you attended? - UM...I think it was a Nutrition class
3. Which do you think is more critical: classroom learning or real life experience? Real Life
4. What subject would you like to learn more about? - Does graphic design count?
5. Given the choice, would you sit in the front of a classroom or in the back? When I was younger, the back (because all the cool kids sat in back). Now, the front, and close to the door so I could get the hell out when class was over.

9 Comments:

  • At 2:15 PM, Blogger Lu said…

    i liked the friday fiver...especially number 5.

    gonna look around your site for awhile!!

    here from micheles

    Lu

     
  • At 2:22 PM, Blogger Nic said…

    Very nice site. Here from Michele's meet and greet. Enjoy the long weekend!

     
  • At 8:46 PM, Blogger Angie said…

    I'm here via Michele's but I come here anyway. :) Have fun this weekend!! Birthday party should be so much fun! Try not to stress out.

     
  • At 9:01 PM, Blogger Janey said…

    You've got twins? What a joy they must be. My sister in law's sister had quads and she already had a 4yr. Well the quads are now 21 and all in college or working and doing very well. And she did it as a single mom. I'm in awe of mothers - if they have 1 or 5. Have a great weekend and Michele sent me.

    Janey
    http://janeysjourney.com

     
  • At 9:23 PM, Blogger Juno said…

    Loved the Friday Fiver too.

    Great site. Will explore it again.

     
  • At 11:08 AM, Blogger Nic said…

    Hi again. Round and round the mulberry bush. As you can see from above, I was here yesterday, but we all could use more love!

    Hi again from Michele's.

     
  • At 3:18 PM, Blogger Mel said…

    Happy Memorial Day to YOU!

    1. Describe your education: "Some college"
    2. What's the last class you attended? - Infant CPR
    3. Which do you think is more critical: classroom learning or real life experience? Real Life
    4. What subject would you like to learn more about? - Um...landscaping. Boring, I know.
    5. Given the choice, would you sit in the front of a classroom or in the back? When I was younger, the back (because all the cool kids sat in back). Now, the front, and close to the door so I could get the hell out when class was over. (I agree 100% with your answer!)

     
  • At 6:52 PM, Blogger Michele said…

    Stopping by to say hello....

    I hope you had a wonderful weekend. Hmm, I always sat at the front of the class and I was one of the so-called-cool kids. Well, let us pretend that I was.

     
  • At 10:48 AM, Blogger Carrie said…

    ok.... how sad is it that for all this time I've been lurking/sorta posting... I JUST realized it's called friday FIVER, not fEver???

    somebody ought to baby-proof ME.... or at least stop me from driving....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home