Diary of a Mad SAHM

Don't ask me - I just vent here.

Friday, May 13, 2005

Friday?? Already??

Damn. Where did the week go??

Busy busy busy. Actually I've been pretty fucking lazy this week; parking my ass on the couch watching "CSI" after the kids go to bed instead of working. Shame on me. DH is home today as well (he called in well to the office), so that always puts a crimp in my day -- having him around disrupts the day's routine. But I got to go out early this morning to food shop, so not a total loss. The downside is he let the girls nap too long, so they won't nap this afternoon now that I have scads of things to do. Oh well.

I went to Lowe's last night and purchased a huge black baker's rack which I'll be using to store all of my scrapbooking stuff on. My living room is starting to look like who-did-it-and-ran-came-back-and-did-it-again. So I'm really excited about getting organized, but I won't be able to devote as much time to it because - again - babies are not napping. In fact, I have to make this fast because they are quickly approaching a meltdown.

My SIL J. is pregnant again. This would make #4 for her. For those who are unaware, my SIL is low-rent-white-Trash-shanty-Irish (I'm Irish, so I can say that). The girl is fond of walking out in the street barefoot. Before anyone gets pissed off, let me say - if you live in a rural area, I'm sure this is OK, and God Bless. My SIL and I live in decidedly high-population urban areas. You do NOT walk out in the street barefoot for fear of stepping on glass/dog shit/garbage/or something else disgusting. J and my BIL V. can barely afford to exist as it is: they're renting a house that they can't afford, they have a new Chevy Tahoe that they're leasing and cannot afford (I know this because all of their delinquency notices come to my house. don't ask.) So, SURE, bring another nasty little runt into the world. They can barely manage the three they have. Their daughters are ill-behaved little animals who have terrible cleanliness habits. These girls come to my house and they SMELL! I mean, who is supervising them in the bathroom and when they bathe? No one apparently. I would DIE if my kid were "the smelly kid" in school. I don't know how they live with themselves. Last weekend, my niece J. (one of SIL J.s runts) launched into a speech about "women with big boobies who have a penis like a boy"...I asked her "where did you see that?" she replied, "No where, I made it up". RIGHT. What's really going on is that V. is no doubt, watching porn in the house, falling asleep, and she's watching porn. At FIVE YEARS OF AGE. Lovely.

J's pregnancy is under my skin because I feel as though my SILs are competing with me. I remember vividly the day DH and I announced the news: neither one of those bitches said "congratulations". Rather, they all began talking about having more kids. This is the level of psychosis that exists in DH's family. And before anyone bawls me out on this...let me say that yes...a child is a blessing, no doubt. But before you go and bring a child into the world, shouldn't some thought be given into their quality of life, whether or not you can afford to care for it properly, etc. etc. And now rumor has it that SIL #2, R., is talking going for HER #4 - is there a competition to have "the last baby" here, and I'm unaware? More likely, J. and R. are both the type that just LOVE babies. Don't like kids. Each of their children as they've gotten older have been subsequently neglected as mommy's attention and affection is lavished on "the baby". It turns my stomach. Am I completely off base here?

OK, enough nastiness. Here's the Friday Fiver: Have a great weekend folks!

Last Dance
1. What's the last concert you attended? I think Tori Amos
2. Who is the best live performer you've ever seen? - Roger Waters was probably one of the best
3. You can invite 2 artists to your house, but they must sing together. Who are they and what one song will they sing? - Tori Amos and Bono - "Running to Stand Still"
4. Pick one to see: ABBA, Jimmy Buffett or Kenny Chesney? - UGH. I guess Abba
5. Friday Freebie: Tell us anything you want about music! - John Bush (from Anthrax) is probably one of the most under-appreciated voices in metal today.

4 Comments:

  • At 2:56 PM, Blogger J&J's Mom said…

    Hi Christine...here from Micheles today...let's see..
    1.Black Hawk
    2.Aerosmith..Steven Tyler..by far!
    3.Sting and C,S & N...Feelin' Groovy ;0)
    4.Kenny Chesney
    5.I think Carrie will soar in country music whether or not she win american idol ;0) Happy weekend!

     
  • At 10:02 PM, Blogger Angie said…

    Hi, via Michele! :)

    I'll answer the Friday Fiver now.
    1)Brad Paisley-a friend invited me. I don't particularly like country.
    2)Matchbox Twenty, Dave Matthews Band
    3)Dave Matthews and Rob Thomas singing any old thing they want to sing! :)
    4)Do I have to pick one? Ok, Jimmy Buffet, I guess.
    5)Joss Stone is awesome! You should check her out.

     
  • At 10:16 PM, Blogger -E said…

    Michele sent me.

    1. Doves
    2. Kenny Wayne Shepherd
    3. Elton John Stevie Wonder- Guess That's Why They Call It The Blues
    4. ABBA
    5. Austin is the self proclaimed live music capital of the world

     
  • At 10:28 PM, Blogger Crazy Single Mom said…

    Hi, here via Michele. I LOVE scrapbooking! As for the family thing, I agree with you about thought going into having a child. I'm a single mom, and I have only one, mainly because I don't think I could give a good quality life to two. I have seen people with a zillion kids with no thought for any of them!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home