Diary of a Mad SAHM

Don't ask me - I just vent here.

Sunday, December 19, 2004

It's the holiday season....

It was great seeing everyone last night. Good times. Still eating cookies.

DH let me sleep till 11am this morning. Awesome. He fed the girls breakfast and everything. I jumped up at 11 o'clock and I was like "HOLY SHIT!! Where are the babies??!!" whew. Happily watching "Franklin" downstairs.

This is going to be a crazy week, and I don't want to do anything. I don't want to wrap presents, I don't want to wash or fold clothes, I don't want to bake (I have to do another batch of Mack Momma Macaroons for Xmas eve, and a flourless chocolate cake for xmas day). Why is it that whenever I have the most to do, I don't have the inspiration to do it? What I really want is a complete fuckin' fantasy -- a week by myself - no kids, no DH. A week to clean the house, scrap, catch up on all those unfinished projects, sleep late...hmmm. Maybe I need more than a week....

I just want to get through this week in one piece. We're going to my mom's for Xmas eve, so I've got half a chance of getting the girls into bed close to their regular bedtime...but of course, they'll be so overstimulated that they're going to give me a hard time about going to sleep and will wind up CIO.

Christmas Day we're going to my BIL's house in L.I. I am NOT happy about this for a couple reasons. First, we're going in separate cars. DH has to drive to fetch the MIL and TiTi - and I'll have the babies. God fucking forbid we should travel in one car like a fucking family. Second, I have to travel to the ass end of Long Island by myself with the babies. I am going to spend the whole fucking afternoon on the LIE with 2 screaming infants in the car. This of course means that they're going to sleep in the car on the way home, and again, will wind up CIO.

So, now we're up to 2 nights where the girls' sleep schedule will be interrupted.

Then, my father's sister wants me to stick the girls in the car and drive them up to New Hope PA the day after Xmas. I said "thanks but no thanks". One of my other aunts said to my dad "oh...well we bought gifts for the girls"...stuff 'em.

(Let me give you a little history here: Last year on Xmas eve, I announced my pregnancy to my mom's family, and it was the topic of conversation for the rest of the night. The following day, I hauled my ass to Pennsylvania and announced the pregnancy to my dad's family, and they acted like I'd just read them my food shopping list. This may have had a little bit to do with the fact that my 40-year old aunt is trying to get PG again, unsuccessfully....and maybe they didn't want to upset her. WHATEVER. NOT MY ISSUE. Someone should have said "congratulations". They just glazed over it like it was no big deal. So I've got a wee chip on my shoulder.

Let me also say that my dad's side of the family saw my children for the first time on their Christening day.

And finally, let me say that my aunt in PA is a cheap-ass bitch. She makes a point to tell my dad that she bought the girls presents...but this is the same woman who gave me BOYS clothes at my baby shower when we knew I was having 2 girls....I'd bet she re-gifted clothes that she got at her son's shower and never used. This woman married into money, and still shops at outlets and buys cheap ass gifts. A couple years ago, she gave me 2 cotton GAP turtlenecks. She's known me all my life, and knows that I've never worn, nor would I ever wear a turtleneck. I returned them to the local GAP - know how much I got for them? TEN DOLLARS. TEN. FOR BOTH. Now mind you, I'm not saying that because she's got money she should blow it on me. But for Christ's sake, give some thought to the gifts you buy.

So, essentially, they want me to drive my cranky babies two hours in each direction so that I can OOH and AAH over some outlet store crap that I wouldn't give to my worst enemy.)

Again I say - I'll pass. And if that makes me a bitch, so be it. Bah humbug.
It's the holiday season....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home