Diary of a Mad SAHM

Don't ask me - I just vent here.

Wednesday, December 01, 2004

The CEO learns to CIO.

Motherhood just utilizes all kinds of skills that I learned in the corporate world. Who'da thunk it. Things like multitasking - I can now feed 2 babies at once while talking on the phone, I can cook a full meal while washing clothes, bottles, and taking out the garbage. Not to mention the ability to respond well to change -- because as we all know - just when you think you've got a predictable routine - BAM! The babies just go and fuck up your flow.

I was thinking about the term CIO - Chief information officer. A title I aspired to when I was working. Now that I'm the CEO (Chief Everything Officer) of my little kingdom, I find the term CIO cropping up again - only this time, it means "crying it out". Nothing has challenged me quite so much as setting up a sleep schedule for the girls. And nothing rips my heart out more than trying to put the babies to bed, and listening to them scream their heads off. A minute seems like an hour.

Speaking of, baby D got up at 5am this morning. Bitch. But I think its partially my fault too.

Can you wise women share your baby schedules with me? I realize that this info is fresher in some minds than others. But what I'm looking for specifically is - what time did they get up in the morning, how many naps and how long, what time did they go to bed, and when did they get their last bottle in relation to bedtime? DH and I are not exactly seeing eye to eye on these issues, and I'm thinking that I may need to put my foot down and enforce a schedule that's more beneficial. That's what CEO's do - make the tough and sometimes unpopular decisions. LOL.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home