Diary of a Mad SAHM

Don't ask me - I just vent here.

Thursday, October 28, 2004

Danielle's Midnight Madness

The following post is being submitted by C. on behalf of Danielle, who is still navigating our blog. : )

At 12:02 AM, Danielle said…
And so,as another day ends, my "real" day begins. I have a few moments to spare while my laundry churns and my dryer turns. Looking at my computer, I realize it's Monday. And I laugh because once upon a time I lived by dates and time. But now, being a stay-at-home mom, those things are non-existent. It's just a perpetual cycle of daytime and nightime. And each one is the same (except for a few trips out into the world) - just changing diapers, nursing, getting breakfast for everyone, changing everyone into clothes, trying to unclamp her binky, giving vitamins, choking down some sort of cereal or waffle, and cleaning the kitchen....only to realize that it's lunchtime.....and thus begins the next shift. Some days, showers are not had until my dh comes home, my hair is constantly in a brown knot on the back of my neck because my son pulls it, there is no time for makeup, and my standard uniform of sweatpants and stained t-shirts is quite a sight. I believe once upon a time, I had blond hair, a flat stomach, and I did apply eyeliner. There was a time I sang music - - now I sing Blues Clues and Dora the Explorer VERBATIM.

But, this too shall pass. I'm going to be fabulous at 40 I decided....so I've got five years.....is that enough time to get myself to a respectable level? Of course - - - I wouldn't trade a thing! Even though Noelle can drive me crazy, sometimes when I think I'm going to blow a gasket in my brain, I remember the long road we took to get her here - dare I think back to my miscarriage, the constant fear of spotting, the progesterone and state of nervousness 24/7 - - but her smiling face makes that a distant memory. And deep down in every crevice of my heart - she's my savior because had it not been for her, I may not be here today.

I applaud all of you mommies though....especially my dear friend Christine who, when I think two kids are tough, I remember she has two at once....and still manages to read our CC book choices quite quickly, and had enough brain power to put this blog together for us. Kudos to you! Especially on your picture experience....I know how hard that can be!I will be hosting the next book club meeting - eighties style, so everyone beware....I might pull out that purple leather jacket yet!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home